Tuesday 22 April 2014

3. What have I learnt from my audience feedback?

Go Animate Feedback










 

1. do you like the fact that my video has incorporated an abstract element that can help define the meaning of the song and if so do you understand it?

2. does the mise en scene help represent the Metal genre of music and if so does it conform to the stereotypes?

3. has seeing my music video for the chosen song made you want to go and buy that song/album?

4. do the band represent the metal genre?

5. when watching do you think it would appeal to my target audience?
 

Instead of creating a normal audience feedback video I decided to use a Go Animate to represent me and the people that I asked, this was because I wanted to use a different form of technology instead of just videoing the people like the majority of people did and I found it realaly effective because I used skills from AS media in order to create the animation and because I had done it before it took me about the same length of time as it would to video the people and upload it because I simply asked people to write down what they would say instead of speak into a camera that wasy I could write it into my Go animate.

from my audience feedback it is evident that I have succeeded in both sticking to certain conventions of my genre but at the same time breaking them as well, and from my peer assessment I can tell what my strengths and weaknesses are that make the video either better or worse in some cases.
All in all I believe that the video successfully represents my genre and uses the key conventions to its benefit which has been shown from audience feedback.

when I showed people my first draft that was originally just a performance video it was evident that there needed to be something else within the product that made it stand out and have both purpose and meaning, feedback from this was largely negative and it just went to show that a lot was needed to change in order to bring the video up to high standards, although no focus group or questionnaires where carried out, I did sit a group of friends of different sex's and music tastes down and ask them what they thought of my first draft and then my finished product and the responses were indeed very different from video to video, in the first draft there was a lot of negativity that was mainly aimed at the purpose of the video because admittedly at first it was just montage shots stitched together alongside a song however, when It came to changing this I decided to edit more and more tracks to the rhythm of the song as well as adding my narrative abstract scene with paint and the feedback I got back from this was significantly better because people understood the purpose and nature of the video more so now and although the audience couldn't understand the words of my song after I gave them chance to read the lyrics they understood the concept and meaning of how the paint related directly to the narrative.

 

Ancillary Text Feedback


 
For my ancillary text feedback I asked 4 friends some different questions that related to my ancillary texts and from this I decided to make a Go animate that would enable to put the majority view into one answer each time, this meant that instead of my videoing my audience feedback like last time I could use a different for of media in order to achieve feedback which was also a very effective method.
 
The feedback was largely positive but there where some points that where made in regards to the texts not representing the genre, however they where made by one of my friends who is not familiar with the genre and is going by the stereotypes therefore it is understandable that they would not see the products in the same way a metal fan would. furthermore these where the people who offered positive feedback although even then there where some negative comments about the images showing that the products were far from being perfect and that more time was needed devoted to the ancillary texts instead of it being primarily on the video.

although there was still elements of negative feedback it is much better then the earlier feedback I received from my initial drafts of the ancillary texts, this is because the images used had little meaning and had no direct link to my other products which made the entire thing weaker, therefore once I had decided to add the abstract video in I thought it was best to directly link all three texts this way and it produced more positive feedback in a sense that they now linked together in a way that people could easily see.

No comments:

Post a Comment